We have a need for a good mechanical engineer who will be working with Solidworks to design and maintain our complex products. Key is to be a good designer with a methodical approach and experience of sheet metal forming, structural design and fabrication (enclosures etc)
Working for a leading digital signage company you will work closely with the Field Quality Manager, Technical Director, other key stakeholders and customers to support a network of outdoor advertising screens primarily in the UK; with some European travel as our network grows in the future.
This is a partial office and field-based role requiring a person skilled in field diagnostics, fault finding and problem resolution of electronic assemblies; who has pragmatic and analytical approach with strong communication and customer service skills.
Reporting to the Field Quality Manager, you will have a flair for quickly understanding engineering problems, implementing corrective measures and have enthusiasm to grow and learn to help Amscreen continually improve product quality and maximise customer service.
- Provide field support to clients for maintenance, service, fault finding and repair of outdoor screens
- Identify, investigate and understand the root cause of product issues
- Product & system testing in company, customer and field environments
- Work with all stakeholders to continually improve product quality
- Where required, support and work with engineering and factory teams
- Provide input to technical documentation
- Aid the training and education of clients
- Field-based experience essential
- Knowledge of PC architectures, IT and communication networking essential
- A flair for fault finding and problem solving on electronic, electrical and mechanical equipment
- Good experience in the manufacturing test of electronic, electrical and mechanical products
- Ability to demonstrate a good awareness of H&S compliance and mitigating risks for the job at hand
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Strong customer service skills
- Enthusiasm, drive and ability to schedule and manage own work load and plan tasks effectively
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to travel in UK and abroad (full driving license required)
- Knowledge of large outdoor advertising screens are desirable but not essential
- Experience with remote monitoring software and associated diagnostic tools are desirable.
- Experience or an understanding of civil works is not essential but advantageous.
- Ability to use documentation tools and software packages such as WORD, Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills